I have lost 2 pounds in the last 3 days. I don’t want to eat what I should and I am obsessing over what I can’t have. Wait? Isn’t that what detox facilities are for? Maybe somebody should just put me away for a while.
It doesn’t help that my littlest little is sick with the croup so we haven’t slept in 2 nights. I went to bed at 8:30 last night which was good because then I got about 4 hours of sleep before being up for the next 5. And she wet the bed again. So, that’s fun.
I broke down and had a cup of coffee this morning. With my stevia. And a little bit of creamer. I feel better. So much better. Just that one hit. Just one…
The list titled “Foods to Enjoy” is haunting me. I have put it in a report sleeve and it sits on my counter.
1. Fresh and frozen fruits and vegetables. All of them. Anything that can be grown and picked and eaten with little more than washing and cooking. All I want, anytime I want. Except bananas. Those I can only have twice a day.
2. Eggs–the ones with high omega-3 which is a non-issue because I get farm eggs
3. Gluten free starches: Amaranth (WTF is that?), brown rice, corn and sprouted corn tortillas, millet, quinoa, wild rice, corn and peas.
4. Sweet potatoes (which I actually love…with butter and brown sugar)
5. Beans, including all soy products: soy milk and yogurt and tofu
6. Fish and seafood with a low mercury content (catfish, clams, mussels, oysters, halibut, herring, mackerel, salmon, scallops, shrimp and tilapia)
7. Poultry: turkey and chicken, skinless breast only (Sidenote: Anthony Bourdain said in “Kitchen Confidential” that “Chicken is for people who don’t know what they want.” Truer words were never spoken Mr. Bourdain.)
8. Red meat: lean, organic grass-fed beef or lamb. Lucky for me, I have a freezer full of this. Not so much in the lean department but at least it’s grass-fed. Also purchased from a local farmer.
10. Nuts and seed. (no peanuts or pistachios) Know what? Eff off about the nuts. Grab your own nuts.
11. Natural nut and seed butter made from the allowed nuts: almond butter and cashew butter. Again, foods I can’t eat.
12. Unsweetened almond milk. Seriously? Grrr….
13. Fats and oils: almond oil, walnut oil, avocado oil, coconut butter and oil, grapeseed oil, macadamia nut oil, EVOO, olive oil, sesame seed oil (how many of those can I NOT eat? at least 3)
14. Beverages: filtered water, decaf green tea, herbal tea
I? Am going to starve to death. And there is certainly very little (other than the beef and chicken) that I have in the house. I have the token kid friendly veggies. And some of the beans. And bananas.
I will end up losing weight because I’m going to starve. Know what I ate yesterday. Two eggs and half an orange, whole wheat pasta and homemade tomato sauce and then for supper homemade tomato soup. Sound like enough food? I didn’t think so. And that included some gluten in the wheat pasta because that’s what Ella wanted for lunch.
I’m not sure that this part is worth it.